microARC 4 - 100 mm 4th Axis
The Tormach microARC 4 provides high-precision 4th axis machining in a compact footprint. Designed to fit on all of our machines from the PCNC 440 to the 1100M/MX, it reduces both operator workload and cycle times with a low maintenance harmonic drive.
Please select one of the 4th axis integration kits listed with your purchase. This is required for installation.
The Tormach microARC 4 provides high-precision 4th axis machining in a compact footprint. Designed to fit on all of our machines from the PCNC 440 to the 1100M/MX, it reduces both operator workload and cycle times with a low maintenance harmonic drive. Using Tormach's new hollow shaft stepper motor design, long stock can be passed all the way through the chuck, harmonic drive, and motor to enable high volume production without reduced yield from pre-cutting stock into short lengths. With flexible mounting options designed in, it can be used on either the right or left side of the machine table.
The 4th Axis Kit Includes:
- 4th axis with NEMA 34 stepper drive and harmonic reducer
- 100mm 3-Jaw Chuck
- Standard and reversible jaws
- ER 40 Collet Face Plate
- PCNC 440 mounting hardware
- Constructed with a harmonic drive made by Nidec-Shimpo Japan – high quality and extremely rigid gearbox compared to the inexpensive harmonic 4th axes available online.
- Near-zero backlash and no maintenance required. Eliminates the difficult worm-screw adjustment of a normal 4th axis.
- 19mm center bore pass-through for long bar stock. Stock can be passed all the way through the chuck and out the back of the 4th axis – no need to cut stock into small pieces when doing a production run of many parts.
- ER 40 collet faceplate included – high precision and repeatability for holding round or hex stock.
- High rotational speed – decreased machining time compared to our old 4th axis offerings (nearly 4x as fast!). 3.6 RPM vs 13+ RPM on the new model.
- Lightweight and strong aluminum body – can be installed into the machine without a hoist or team lift.
Note: For 770M / 770MX / 1100M / 1100MX users
The microARC 4 includes mounting hardware for use on a PCNC 440. For mounting in an M or MX mill you will need either the toe clamp kit or to create your own sub-plate.
|Height||6.97 in. (178 mm)||With handle installed.|
|Height||5.7 in. (145 mm)||Without handle.|
|Table to Centerline||3.1 in. (80 mm)||Height of 4th axis centerline.|
|Length||10.2 in. (260 mm)||From rear face to tip of 3-jaw chuck.|
|Thru-Bore Diameter||0.79" (20mm)|
|Angular Resolution||26 arc-sec||Angular resolution takes into account motor step size and gear reduction.|
|Maximum Holding Torque||28 ft-lb (39 Nm)||When moving, the 4th axis gearbox should never be loaded to more than 40% (17 Nm) of holding torque to avoid damage or accelerated wear.|
|Maximum Moment Load||70 ft-lb (94 Nm)|