TOOL CHANGE (M06)
To execute a tool change sequence, program: M06
M06 behaves differently depending on whether or not a mill is equipped with an Automatic Tool Changer (ATC):
- If you have an ATC:
- If the requested tool (T number) is assigned to the carousel, M06 initiates an automatic tool change.
- If the tool is not assigned to the carousel, you’re prompted to manually change the tool and select Cycle Start to confirm the tool change. This resumes the program.
- If you don’t have an ATC:
- M06 commands the mill, stops the spindle, pauses program execution, and prompts operator to change tools by flashing Tool Change LED.
- The program resumes after you select Cycle Start to confirm that the tool has been changed.
We recommend putting the T~, the M06, and the G43 H~ on one line (block) of code.
EXAMPLE – N191 M06 T3 G43 H3