Your Journey Starts Here
Tormach’s story is all about helping people make things. We empower ideas and have customers all over the world bringing their dreams to life. We make affordable, precise CNC machine tools and support them with top-notch software, customer service, and educational resources. We’re committed to being the best CNC equipment provider to research and development departments, prototyping shops, educational institutions, makerspaces, small production facilities, and garage-shop heroes of all stripes!
Field Service Technician
Tormach is a fast-growing company with a great culture that fosters collaboration and ideas. We cater to the DIY, maker, entrepreneur, education and professional markets, selling affordable CNC machine tools and accessories. All products are engineered here in our new Madison, WI, headquarters. As a 100% employee owned company, we feel a sense of community and contribution to the company’s great success. Send us your resume and be a part of something exciting!
We are seeking a motivated, experienced individual to join our team as a Field Service Technician. As a Field Service Technician with our company, you will travel to clients facilities to install Tormach machinery. Our ideal candidate has a wide range of experience completing electrical, pneumatic and mechanical repairs including reading schematics. The position is up to 80% travel.
Field Service Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to client sites to perform installations on Tormach machinery and accessory equipment.
- Perform tests and diagnostics to ensure machinery is in good working order.
- Communicate/report results of worked performed.
- Document recommendations of product improvements to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Train customers on basic machinery set up and maintenance.
Field Service Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- Two years electronic technical school or equivalent experience.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Completion of Field Service training program or prior experience in N/C or P/C service/maintenance or maintenance/operation experience.
- Critical thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver's license.
Are you an experienced Supply Chain professional looking for a new challenge? If so, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
You, our future full time Buyer/Planner, will be a key member of the Supply Chain team. You’ll be the person in charge of making sure materials are produced correctly, arrive on-time, and on budget.
- Material Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Supplier Management: RFQ, Cost saving initiatives, Negotiations, Supplier relationship/evaluation
- Material Requirement Planning
- Supplier Management: RFQ, Cost saving initiatives, Negotiations, Supplier relationship/evaluation.
- Manage suppliers to reduce costs, improve quality, control inventories, and ensure timely flow of material.
- Project management: new product launch.
- Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials.
- Keep informed on new technology trends.
- Recommend new developments that would improve production and/or quality and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Enforce Quality Control to reduce waste.
- Participate in and/or lead process improvement teams and other small project technical teams.
- Support and lead projects through the entire life cycle from design and prototype through production.
- Project management: new product launch
What Your Resume Says
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience purchasing raw materials and finished assemblies.
- Required to have an extensive working knowledge of PC functions and Microsoft Office programs including: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems preferably Acumatica.
- Personable, positive, and fun to be around; you have a sense of humor
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Ability to thrive in an environment that’s less structured than larger companies
Icing on the Cake
- Experience with electrical and mechanical assembly.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to details.
- Familiar with machine tools or CNC.
- Love of making things, whether for work or hobby.
Our fun group of employee-owners is looking to add to our family-oriented team. Cynics and sourpusses need not apply. Send us your resume and be part of something exciting!Apply Now
Flexible & Remote Work Environment
While Tormach is based out of Madison, Wisconsin, many of our positions are remote / work from home. This allows employees to reduce commuting time and expenses while having more control over your working environment. If the position is posted as a remote option, we’ll even furnish your home office technology needs and get you on the road to success!
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected class. Our fun group of employee-owners is looking to add to our family-oriented team. Cynics and sourpusses need not apply. Send us your resume and be part of something exciting!
Pay and Benefits
At Tormach, we care about our employees, and it shows in our outstanding benefits and employee programs, designed to provide a healthy work-life balance. We provide an exceptional benefits package—including competitive salaries, retirement plans, health, vision and dental insurance, and paid leave—that supports our employees' efforts to achieve their personal financial goals.
We structure salaries to be competitive with market conditions. Our compensation package includes a number of valuable benefits, including generous insurance options as well as competitive 401(k) retirement plans with stellar company matching, and profit-sharing via the Employee Stock Ownership Program. That’s right, you get to become a company owner!
Health and Welfare
Being 100% employee owned, we care immensely about the health of our employees and their families. We offer eligible employees a variety of benefits to provide you and your family with health care, preventative care, no-cost virtual visits, a prescription drug program, accident coverage, financial protection, and more.
Our benefits program features a fitness center reimbursement for all employees. It’s like getting paid to join the gym!
Flexible Spending Accounts
We also provide an option for a flexible spending account (FSA), which offers pre-tax payroll deductions and a tax-free benefit on qualified medical expenses. The "dependent care" FSA allows employees to use pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent-care expenses.
All full-time employees can enroll in well-rounded, affordable health, vision and dental plans when they walk in the door for their first day.
Leave / Holidays
Tormach employees are granted 9 paid holidays per calendar year.
Personal Time Off (PTO)
Paid time off means a work-life balance is not only possible – but strongly encouraged. Employees start accruing PTO on their first day of employment. PTO accrual increases with length of employment.
Paid absences are authorized for jury duty, and bereavement leave.