Your Journey Starts Here
Tormach’s story is all about helping people make things. We empower ideas and have customers all over the world bringing their dreams to life. We make affordable, precise CNC machine tools and support them with top-notch software, customer service, and educational resources. We’re committed to being the best CNC equipment provider to research and development departments, prototyping shops, educational institutions, makerspaces, small production facilities, and garage-shop heroes of all stripes!
Field Service Technician
Tormach is a growing company with a great culture that fosters collaboration and ideas. We cater to the DIY, maker, entrepreneur, education and professional markets, selling affordable CNC machine tools and accessories. All products are engineered here in our new Madison, WI, headquarters. As a 100% employee-owned company, we feel a sense of community and contribution to the company’s great success. Send us your resume and be a part of something exciting!
We are seeking a motivated, experienced individual to join our team as a Field Service Technician. In this role, you will travel to customer facilities to install/commission Tormach machinery. The position may include up to 80% travel.
Our ideal candidate has a wide range of experience and should meet the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated mechanical, electrical and pneumatic repair experience, including reading/following schematics required
- Field service and maintenance experience on CNC equipment preferred
- Field service experience with electro-mechanical equipment (i.e. CNC, HVAC, printing presses, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, a go-getter that helps ensure a positive customer experience
- Good driving record and valid driver's license
Field Service Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to client sites to perform installations on Tormach machinery and accessory equipment.
- Perform tests and diagnostics to ensure machinery is in good working order.
- Communicate/report results of worked performed.
- Document recommendations of product improvements to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Train customers on basic machinery set up and maintenance.
Field Service Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- Two years electronic technical school or equivalent experience.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Completion of Field Service training program or prior experience in N/C or P/C service/maintenance or maintenance/operation experience.
- Critical thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver's license.
Technical Support Specialist
Posting Date: 04/13/2022
Are you the kind of technical professional who enjoys connecting with milling machine owners who want to make things? Do you have a drive to work with colleagues who have diverse professional experience that complements your own? Do you want to work for a small company where you have the freedom to work with established and new technologies, supporting, troubleshooting, documenting, and providing input to product improvements?
If so, we want to hear from you.
Our story is all about helping people make things. We empower ideas. We make affordable, precise tools and support them with top notch software, customer service, and educational resources. We’re committed to being the best CNC equipment provider to research and development departments, prototyping shops, educational institutions, makerspaces, and small production facilities. We work hard and play hard, and we’re looking for people with a similar attitude.
You, our future Technical Support Specialist, technical wizard and customer communication guru will be an integral part of our business. You’ll be responsible for supporting our customers in operating, optimizing and troubleshooting Tormach machines. Your daily work will involve working with our customers via email, telephone and video. You will work with new products investigating and documenting procedures that customers will love because they are clearly described and easily understood, because you’ve been there. Though you possess a great deal of technical knowledge, you will learn new things from your colleagues which add to your technical acumen.
- 1 year of demonstrable experience a technical field troubleshooting electrical circuitry
- Experience in manufacturing, machining or CNC operation
- Background in making things, whether for work or hobby
- Ability to thrive in an environment that’s less structured than larger companies
- Willing to travel on occasion to customer sites for assembly or repairs
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Electrical / electronic troubleshooting
- Previous customer support experience in a technical environment
Strengths and Interests
- Strong electrical trouble shooting skill
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in making things
- Willingness to share knowledge and help others
Product Release Coordinator (PRC)
Posting Date: 06/17/2022
When you first saw a CNC machine, were you hooked? Do you watch machining videos on YouTube? Are you a people-person who also has enough interest in engineering that you love to geek out over technical details? If so, this job is for you!
Tormach is a 100% employee owned, innovative, remote first, CNC Machine Tool company. Are you able to drive processes for product management, while collaborating with internal & external folks? Then we need you!!! Can you define product needs, development costs, and identify business opportunities, while prioritizing and communicating releases throughout the organization? AWESOME!
YOU will directly affect process implementation, attain alignment with stakeholders, and prioritize items required to design, test, market, and release a new product. YOU will own documentation of items in Jira, Confluence, & Acumatica, and will coordinate with departments to ensure resource availability, while utilizing Agile Scrum methodology to assign and ensure task completion.
- Excellent communicator. You know that some people need to hear or read something seven times before they understand it
- Self-starter/fast learner. You will be learning enough about every departments’ contribution to product release to manage this product, and we do not have a class for you to take. You will be figuring most of this out on your own, on the job.
- Politician/collaborator. Different departments are passionate about different things, and compromises must be reached. You need to be able to broker peace and help people understand the viewpoints of others.
- Organized. If you are not an organized person who is able to manage large, complex projects, please move along.
What YOU Do
- Identify and prioritize product needs for features, performance, accessories, and price.
- Monitor and research the market to understand competitive opportunities
- Align departments around product vision.
- Own the plan successfully design, develop, schedule, test, market, and launch new products.
- Identify risks, communicates any changes, keep things on schedule
- Manage status and direct next steps to departments & resources
- Maintain documentation: market research, product requirements & information, sourcing plan, ROI analysis, system design, testing plan, go-to-market plan, and risk assessment.
- Ensures product & replacement parts are proper in ERP (Acumatica) with replenishment settings
- Coordinate evaluation & validation of designs and prototypes
- Travel? Yes! Occasional international travel and trips to headquarters in Madison, WI
What YOU Bring
- Associates in project management or 5+ years’ experience in engineering, business, marketing, or related
- Product lifecycle management
- Passion for making things (with Tormach’s equipment would be awesome!)
- Working knowledge of materials & processes related to CNC machine tools or machinery
- Experience with Atlassian product suite (Jira, Confluence) and Agile Scrum Methodology
- How about Acumatica ERP or Python programming experience (this is a BONUS!) *We are excellent at showing our team all facets of the business – learn and grow with us!!*
What Tormach does for YOU
· We are a remote first organization, so you can be successful from wherever life takes you!
- Competitive Salary
- 401(k) + matching
- Health, Dental, Vision, EAP
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid Life & Disability insurance
- Paid time off: 12 holidays + 18 vacation days
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedule, working remotely
- ESOP shares gifted annually
- Work From Home Stipend
- Anniversary Bonus
Interested? Send resume, references, and salary requirements to: HR@Tormach.com
Flexible & Remote Work Environment
While Tormach is based out of Madison, Wisconsin, many of our positions are remote / work from home. This allows employees to reduce commuting time and expenses while having more control over your working environment. If the position is posted as a remote option, we’ll even furnish your home office technology needs and get you on the road to success!
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected class. Our fun group of employee-owners is looking to add to our family-oriented team. Cynics and sourpusses need not apply. Send us your resume and be part of something exciting!
Pay and Benefits
At Tormach, we care about our employees, and it shows in our outstanding benefits and employee programs, designed to provide a healthy work-life balance. We provide an exceptional benefits package—including competitive salaries, retirement plans, health, vision and dental insurance, and paid leave—that supports our employees' efforts to achieve their personal financial goals.
We structure salaries to be competitive with market conditions. Our compensation package includes a number of valuable benefits, including generous insurance options as well as competitive 401(k) retirement plans with stellar company matching, and profit-sharing via the Employee Stock Ownership Program. That’s right, you get to become a company owner!
Health and Welfare
Being 100% employee owned, we care immensely about the health of our employees and their families. We offer eligible employees a variety of benefits to provide you and your family with health care, preventative care, no-cost virtual visits, a prescription drug program, accident coverage, financial protection, and more.
Our benefits program features a fitness center reimbursement for all employees. It’s like getting paid to join the gym!
Flexible Spending Accounts
We also provide an option for a flexible spending account (FSA), which offers pre-tax payroll deductions and a tax-free benefit on qualified medical expenses. The "dependent care" FSA allows employees to use pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent-care expenses.
We offer all full-time employees affordable health, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance plans.
Leave / Holidays
Tormach employees are granted 12 paid holidays per calendar year.
Personal Time Off (PTO)
Paid time off means a work-life balance is not only possible – but strongly encouraged. Employees start accruing PTO on their first day of employment. PTO accrual increases with length of employment.
Paid absences are authorized for jury duty, and bereavement leave.